Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Toddler Backpacks


Once you get into sewing, there are so many options of things to make, that it can get a little overwhelming.  I had a request a few months ago for a toddler backpack, something that is pretty popular these days in the land of handmade goods.  I tried my hand, modifying the design for my child messenger bag and voila!  The toddler backpack was born.

What makes my backpack different than a lot of the others?  A couple of things: the dimensions (12x14 with a 3 inch squared base); no snaps and a longer flap on top, coordinating fabric straps.  The majority of toddler backpacks use a cotton cording for the straps and handles, but I go the extra step to cut, line, fold and sew my straps to add that extra special touch.

These are great for tiny little kids, and with the adjustable straps, could even fit a little bit smaller 8 year old...big enough for toys, adventures, or even carrying papers home from school.






Side note:
I've got 10 backpacks to sell at the Beehive Bazaar this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment