Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Making Progress

The idea of starting a small (very small) business was a little overwhelming at first.  Okay, it's still overwhelming, but I'm starting to finally feel like I'm at a place where things can grow.  New ventures are on the horizons, and the bags are really getting to a place where I think that they are fun and great and cool.

That being said, one of my most favorite bags of late is the adult messenger bag that I've made.  It started out as a custom order for a family member's trip and turned into something that I drew up a pattern for and whipped up a couple bags.

The bags are made of waxed canvas.  Not sure what waxed canvas is?  Well, think Army/Navy tough and waterproof.  It's not machine washable, but you could squirt it down with a hose.  Inside, they are lined with a stabilized quilting cotton for an extra durable feel.  There are a couple of pockets, an adjustable handle and overall, I want to keep them all.  But, in all actuality, I'd rather sell them.



The first bag, the custom prototype, was lined with this amazing world map fabric that I'd been hoarding for a while.


The next version got a little more sophisticated and fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment